Makes 1 serve | Prep time 5 minutes | Total time 10 minutes
½ cup Rolled oats
1 TBS Chia seeds
3/4 cup Coconut water
Small handful of roasted almonds
Pinch of ground cinnamon
½ cup Greek yoghurt
1 cup Berries (or your choice of fruit)
1. Add rolled oats, chia seeds and coconut water to a bowl and mix
2. Cover and place in the fridge overnight
3. The next morning, mix Greek yoghurt and oat mix together
4. Top with almonds, fruit, a pinch of ground cinnamon and drizzle of honey
Add extra coconut water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
If I am in a rush in the morning to get out the door, I add oats, chia seeds, coconut water and yoghurt to a container and mix. Then I top with frozen fruit and roasted almonds, honey and cinnamon. This way it keeps the oats and yoghurt cold and the fruit is defrosted by the time you’re ready to eat it.
- Provides a large amount of soluble fibre known as beta-glucan
- This dietary fibre (beta-glucan) aids in the reduction of bad cholesterol “LDL” (yes we have good cholesterol too)
- Lower glycemic index (great for type 2 diabetics)
- Increases satiety. Keeping you full for longer
- Versatile – can be cooked warm for a winter porridge, used in muffins, granola & ground in to oat flour. If you’re gluten intolerant look out for the gluten-free oats.